Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MIracles Happening in Honduras

Miracles are certainly not in short supply here in Honduras.  It is a miracle that a couple of my Diaconía colleagues and I are alive today despite a horrific car accident that we experienced January 30th. 

While in the community of Cañada I became very ill.  I decided to hitch a ride with Diaconía´s director Dilia and her husband, Gregorio, along with Reyna, the administrator at Diaconía.  They were heading back to Tegucigalpa after spending a little time with the Mayfair team and agreed to drop me off at the town of Limones where Isaí would take me the rest of the way. 

We were about 20 minutes away from meeting up with my husband when the truck´s back tires slid on the gravel road and we rolled a couple of times into a ravine.  It all happened in a matter of seconds.  The truck Diaconía had bought just two months previous was completely destroyed.  Reyna and I had tumbled around in the back seat as we weren´t wearing seatbelts and a local farmer helped us climb out of the upside-down wreck. 

It was truly a miracle that no one was killed – not a single broken bone or even a drop of blood from the shattered glass!   It was a scary event but we gave thanks to God immediately for taking care of us.  We looked a little farther down the ravine to where three crosses are already located from similar accidents at the site. 

After a few days of rest my bruises and soreness dissipated but it sounds like Reyna is still suffering from a bruised rib and Dilia pain in her neck.  Dilia´s husband, Gregorio, appears to be fine but since he was driving I believe he has been feeling pretty stressed as we wait to hear back from the insurance company.  We praise God for the miracle He performed in that ravine and we pray for healing and a favourable resolution to this traumatic incident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment